Why accept Bitcoin?
- You’ll become the preferred business for
Hundreds of local Bitcoin fans
Thousands of Bitcoin tourists
Hundreds of thousands of Bitcoin users worldwide and counting!
- Bitcoin transactions are cheaper than credit card transactions, increasing your profit margin
- Your business will instantly look more modern and forward-thinking
- You can have your Bitcoins converted instantly into dollars if you wish
- It’s free to get started and only requires an internet-connected smartphone, tablet or PC at your point of sale
- There’s really no reason not to take Bitcoin!
Start taking Bitcoin
without really trying
- Go to http://www.bitpos.me and click “Sign Up”
- Click “Merchants”
- Follow the prompts to set up your account and verify your identity. If you want your bitcoins converted into dollars automatically, drag the Payment Settings slider to the very left and enter your BSB and Account Number when prompted.
- Log into your new Bitpos account on your point-of-sale tablet/smartphone/PC and you’re ready!
How to do a Bitcoin transaction
- Log into Bitpos’ POS screen (you may wish to do this at the start of every day)
- Using the on-screen keypad, enter the amount of dollars to bill the customer and click “Pay”
- A QR code appears on the screen. Ask your customer to scan the QR code using their Bitcoin wallet.
- A few seconds after your customer sends payment, you will see a confirmation message on the screen. At this point the transaction is complete and irreversible.
- If your cash register does not have a Bitcoin payment type option, enter the transaction on the cash register as a “Cheque payment”.
Do you run an online shop?
Ask your payment provider or web developer if they can set up your site to accept Bitcoin. Many payment providers already support Bitcoin and can easily enable this for you.